Agata Adamczewska is a Copywriter & Content Writer from Lodz, Poland.
- Hi Agata, tell me who you are and what do you do as a freelancer?
Hi there😊 My name is Agata and I’m a professional freelance copywriter and content writer from Poland. I specialize in web writing, articles, blog and social media posts, press releases, etc. My working languages are Polish and English.
- How long have you been working as a freelancer now?
I think I started about 3 years ago. Earlier I worked in PR agency as an account executive. During my journalism studies, I also worked in daily newspaper, so It looks like I always liked to write.
- Why did you decide to become a freelancer? Did you think about it for a long time or did your decision come suddenly?
I thought about freelancing from time to time, but I made a decision when I was on maternity leave. Working as a freelancer is a new quality of life and the flexible job which give an opportunity for work-life-balance.
- What is your competitive advantage, which makes your clients hire you?
When I write a piece of business writing, whether it’s a simple article or even a big report, I invest a lot of energy to make it transparent, clear and readable in the same time. I just try to make content great and quality. My writing communications are based on research and facts, not my opinion. And I’m always on time – from my experience it is essential.
- Are there a lot of freelancers in your business?
There is plenty of copywriters but we all do different stuff.
- What do your clients expect from you?
They need two things – quality and punctuality. Sometimes they expect my to do something asap and I try to manage short deadlines. Being on time is very important in my business.
- Who are your typical clients?
I think I have 3 types of clients. I work with big companies such as corporations. They need support in their marketing communication. I also write for PR and advertising agencies and small, local companies.
- How has your business changed over time?
My business is still evolving. I constantly try to be better in web and content writing. I’m also learning how to do business every day. I have to be a copywriter, marketer and CEO in one person. Is it easy? Nope. But it is very rewarding and gives me satisfaction.
- How did you gain your first customers?
I gained my first customer through word of mouth 😊
- Which books do you recommend to freelancers?
There are two classics from the ad world: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion and Ogilvy on Advertising.
- What would you do differently if you would start again?
I would be more confident and didn’t accept crap contracts for little money.
- What was the best business advice you received?
I gave it to myself – sometimes it gets difficult but success in my own business is worth it.
- Do you have an online resource which you use regularly? Which one?
I use some online tools such as: buzzsumo or answerthepublic.com for finding keywords or new topics. For simple graphic content, I use Canva.
- What do you often dream about when you’re not working?
I dream about publishing my own book and being rentier 😊
- The place where you find your peace?
My hammock chair in the garden. It’s the best place to find new ideas.
- Business plans for the future?
Being well-paid professional web and content writer not only on my local market 😊