Anna Borello is an graphic designer & digital artist from Rome, Italy.
- Hi Anna, tell me who you are and what do you do as a freelancer?
I always loved art! When I was a child and someone gave me colors to draw and color I was the happiest child in the world. Then during the teen age I was passionate about photography and as I was growing up I got closer to the graphics design and in recent years in digital art. And here I am, working as freelance principally as graphic designer and digital artist.
- How long have you been working as a freelancer now?
Is about 2 years now that I work as freelance. Before I had experienced in communication Studios in Rome. It was fun and I have improved a lot in my field.
- Why did you decide to become a freelancer? Did you think about it for a long time or did your decision come suddenly?
Well, I didn’t’ like anymore to work as an employee, I preferred smart work, working from home or any place in the world, make me feel free. But you know, everything has pros and cons!
- Are there a lot of freelancers in your business?
I think in the world there are a lot of creative freelancer, and also here in Italy this kind of smart work is taking place. I’m happy for this! I think smart work is the future.
- How has your business changed over time?
I started as graphic designer for print advertising, then switch to digital, you know, now everything is digital so somehow also my work needs to upgrade. Right now I work a lot also with photo retouch and composite.
- What would you do differently if you would start again?
Probably if I could go back I would study more digital art and computer graphics. I’m a fan of CG that’s why I founded an inspirational website about it, Nutscomputergraphics.com, and I really enjoy managing it all!! But I have to say I’m not doing everything by myself I have a great partner!!
- What was the best business advice you received?
Look where no one looks and go for it, and if somebody say to you don’t do it and you think you should go for it!!!
- Your plans for the future?
Well, for sure I I will continue to work as a freelance in my field, and I would like to learn how to use 3D software, so I can get even closer to the CG. I hope that the site I founded will bring me some beautiful news .. we will see, I am very positive!