Fabio Carbone is Italian versatile writer freelance from Naples. Fabio writes in Italian language about blockchain and cryptocurrency, Industry 4.0, digital economy, Space and more.
- Hi Fabio, how long have you been working as a freelancer now?
I am Italian versatile writer freelance from 2013. I write in particular of digital economy, cryptocurrency and blockchain, Industry 4.0, Space and, when I have time, I take care of the blog dedicated to my freshwater turtle and my personal blog where I collect personal thoughts and reflections.
But it is clear to know a topic and writing is not enough, the articles must be SEO oriented and perhaps accompanied by structured data (for example microdata) when needed.
- What inspired you to become a freelancer? Did you think about it for a long time or did your decision come suddenly?
The possibility to have my job, managed by me, and because I really like writing! Being a freelancer was a decision halfway between the natural and the obliged. In Italy the “traditional ways” are rigid.
- How did you gain your first customers?
Through Linkedin and through my personal website. In this last case they contact me for writing interview or to present their commercial initiatives. I wrote interviews in the blockchain sector, but I also edited a column dedicated to emerging writers to whom I interviewed to present their latest book.
- Who has been your greatest inspiration?
Oh… I haven’t only one inspirational figure. I think that every person can inspiring me with him and her thinking. Of course, must be good thought!
- John Wanamaker said: Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I do not know which half. Do you gain your clients by advertising or in another way?
For spread the word about my job, I use only social networks and my personal website; in some cases e-mail. For my job the advertising is not properly a good strategy, I think. Much more better show my skills by writing web articles.
- Do you hire outsourcing service providers for services, which you believe are a waste of your time?
I do “everything in the house” or almost. 🙂
- How does your typical working day look like? What do you do when you are not working? How many hours/days per week are you working? What do you do in your free time?
I write a lot for work or for pleasure and also to reflect. But my working day start at 8 o’clock in the morning with the reading of news of the reference sectors (in particular blockchain and cryptocurrencies). So I start writing and I continue until evening. I allow myself just a lunch break and some micro moments of relaxation. So I also write in my spare time. In particular, in my spare time, I write for the blog dedicated to my freshwater turtle: an increasingly visited website (www.rugatartaruga.eu).
But 5 days a week, in the evening, I allow myself 30 minutes of physical activity climbing on my mini stepper: it takes.
And when I really want to relax, I go to the mountains. From up there the world is completely different: an immense beauty.
- What would you do differently if you would start again?
I would start writing before 2013. Really long before. I think this is my job and nothing else.
- Entrepreneurs have many things in common. They read a lot. What about you? What are your favorite books?
More than a favorite book I would talk about books useful for studying the topics concerning my work. So books dedicated to new technologies: blockchain, Industry 4.0, digital economy.
- What was the best business advice you received? Do you have any advice for other freelancers?
More than a commercial council, through study, I realized that knowledge is wealth. In all senses. Knowing, this serves to work, especially in new sectors. In fact, since 1991 the Knowledge Management is a new university discipline.
I think that a writer freelance need to study always. Her or him, must always stay at the frontier of new sectors to get to know them before the others.
- Top 3 mobile apps on your smartphone?
Toshi Dapp, for manage the crypto world; an app for the meteorological service in the mountains very useful for my excursions in the mountains; Spotify to listen to my favorite music.
- Top 3 websites?
For my work I need stay informed about the argouments of my sectors. So the websites I read the most are:
But, for passion my favorite websites are:
- nasa.gov for Space
- turtlesurvival.org for to know news about turtle
- all websites dedicated to the nature.
- Your last vacation?
This is a period of hard work. When I can, I go to the mountains. It is there that I would spend all the free time, if only I could…