Goran Franjic is a data enrichment and market research specialist from Kresevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Hi Goran , tell me who you are and what do you do as a freelancer?
Hi, I am a data enrichment and market research specialist. I find different types of contacts, such as influencers, investors, media contacts, bloggers, company decisions makers and more. I also conduct many researches for various types of companies and individuals.
- How long have you been working as a freelancer now?
I started over ten years ago and now I have a company of my own.
- Why did you decide to become a freelancer? Did you think about it for a long time or did your decision come suddenly?
It started as a hobby, then it became a part-time job. After awhile I had so much projects and work that it became a full-time job. My client list grew so I had to expand the business and found a company.
- What is your competitive advantage, which makes your clients hire you?
I provide leads and researches of high quality. We can find any available contact.
Clients recognize that and appreciate it. We have established firm business connections and even friendships with some of our clients. Also, our clients recommend us a lot to their partners and friends.
- Who are your competitors? What do they have that you don’t?
Competition is global.
- Are there a lot of freelancers in your business?
Yes, there are.
- What do your clients expect from you?
Our clients expect quality leads, reliable researches, responsibility and punctuality.
- Who are your typical clients?
A great variety of companies and marketing agencies.
- How has your business changed over time?
Well, it started as a hobby and it grew into a serious business with a large base of clients.
- How did you gain your first customers?
Some of my friends needed consulting services and help with market research, and then I decided to start offering these services to clients worldwide.
- John Wanamaker said: Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I do not know which half. Do you gain your clients by advertising or in another way?
We have a great portfolio and we approach our clients directly.
- The best marketing move, you’ve done?
We have created a website with a portfolio, which contains samples of our work.
- Do you hire outsourcing service providers for services, which you believe are a waste of your time?
No, we complete our projects in-house.
- How does your typical working day look like? What do you do when you are not working? How many hours/days per week are you working?
We usually meet at the office at 7:30, and have a briefing and a coffee. We decide which project are priority and start working. We also reply to other project inquiries and similar. We work 8-10 hours, but we make breaks for meal and coffee.
- What is your current inspiration that drives you in the business?
My inspiration is to provide great service which would lead to expansion of both, my business and my client’s business.
- What would you advise someone who has an idea, but no money?
It depends on the idea. My general advice would be to try to find an investor(s) and not to give up.
- What was the best business advice you received?
The best advice was not to give up.
- Do you have an online resource which you use regularly? Which one?
Yes, we usually use Upwork, LinkedIn, Statista and many more. Depending on the project.
- What do you often dream about when you’re not working?
I usually think about how to improve and expand my business.
- The place where you find your peace?
I find peace with my friends and family.
- Top 3 mobile apps on your smartphone?
I usually use Upwork, LinkedIn and Gmail the most.
- What do you do in your free time?
I usually go to nature with my family.
- Your last vacation?
My last vacation was at the coast in Croatia, last summer.
- Business plans for the future?
To grow our business and improve our service.
- Your plans for the future?
My plans are to work harder, to expand the company, employ more workers and become known for the quality in our branch.